Associate's Degree in Accounting
As a accountant, you are a critical member of a corporate team. It's your job to translate numbers into the language of business, supporting your company’s planning, budgeting and operations. Globe University will provide the tools you need to succeed in this exciting career field.
Our associate degree in accounting will prepare you for a number of entry level accounting jobs including accounts payable/receivable clerk, bookkeeper and accounting clerk. The accounting degree also transfers into our bachelor’s degree in accounting, providing students the option to continue building their career in accounting.
Gain the skills needed for this career field:
- Professional verbal and written communication
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Preparing financial statements
- Maintaining payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Protecting company against fraud
- Complying with regulations
A solid accounting background is complemented with business courses for a quality program:
- Accounting Principles
- Accounting Systems
- Managerial Accounting
- Business Law
- Professional Communications
The associate degree in accounting provides a thorough understanding of standard accounting practices and business fundamentals for entry-level employment opportunities.
The accounting program includes:
- Hands-on practice in the preparation and analysis of financial statements
- Instructors with professional experience
- Small class sizes for personal attention
- Online and on-campus classes
- All courses transfer directly into our bachelor's degree in accounting program
Online Accounting Degree
Earn your online accounting degree in the same amount of time as an on-campus program. We offer all our accounting classes online so students have the flexibility to complete their degree on-campus, online or a combination of the two. Enjoy the same small class sizes and instructors with industry experience online. Learn more about Globe University’s online division.
One of our representatives will be happy to answer any questions or arrange a career-planning meeting. Please call 1-877-303-6060 or contact admissions to make arrangements.