Credit Transfer

Credit for Prior Learning

At Globe University, we recognize that students have knowledge when they come to our school. We grant college credit toward your degree or certificate for demonstrated completion of an educational or professional experience equivalent to a course in your program.

There are no charges or fees for evaluating your experience or for the credit—it is one way we help you achieve your goals as efficiently as possible.

Your degree may be closer than you think. If you are interested in applying for credit for experience, please contact your campus or our online division for information about the application process:

Credit for Experience and Transfer Credits

Learning that may qualify for credit may have been acquired through formal and informal training.

Experience in industry, business and the military, certification courses and transfer credits from another college could qualify. You will need to demonstrate through thorough documentation that you have accomplished the objectives for a specific course.

Examples of documentation include the following:

  • Letters from employers
  • Professional certificates
  • Licenses
  • College Transcripts
  • CLEP tests
  • DANTES tests
  • AP tests
  • Job assignment descriptions
  • Performance reports

Credit for Military Training

Undergraduate college credit for military training may be awarded upon review of a military transcript. We follow American Transfer of Credit (ACE) recommendations on granting credit. A military transcript can be requested from:

  • Joint Service Transcript (JST) is used for the US Army, US Marine Corps, US Navy and US Coast Guard.
  • Community College of the Air Force (CCAF).

The JST is ordered electronically when a student applies for admission. The CCAF request needs to have a hard signature by the student and mailed to the CCAF.

Contact our Veterans Department for more information on college credit for military training.

Articulation Agreements

Globe University has articulation agreements with the following schools:

  • Alder Graduate School, Minneapolis
  • Argosy University, Eagan, Minn.
  • Capella University, Minneapolis
  • Colorado Technical University
  • Concordia University, St. Paul
  • Herzing University, Minneapolis
  • Kaplan
  • National American University
  • Northwestern Health Sciences University
  • St. Mary’s University of Minnesota
  • Walden University

Articulation agreements indicate that a student can take credits earned at Globe University or Minnesota School of Business and be eligible for credits at one of the institutions listed above. Please contact an academic services staff member for program specific information.

Need more info? Contact our admissions office at 1-877-303-6060 or request information online.