College Credit for Your Experience
At Globe University, we appreciate the value of knowledge students bring with them to our school. If you demonstrate that you have completed an educational or professional experience equivalent to a course in your program, we grant college credit toward your degree or certificate for that prior learning. No charges or fees for evaluating your experience or for the credit—it is one way we help you achieve your goals as efficiently as possible.
Your degree may be closer than you think. If you are interested in applying for credit for experience, please contact your campus or online division for information about the application process:
- Undergraduate students, ask to speak with the dean of students about credit for prior learning.
- Graduate students, ask to speak with the dean of graduate studies about credit for work experience.
Credit for experience, transfer credits
Learning that might qualify for credit may have been acquired through formal and informal training. Experience in industry, business and the military, certification courses and transfer credits from another college may qualify.You will need to demonstrate through thorough documentation that you have accomplished most objectives for a specific course. Examples of documentation include the following:
- Letters from employers
- Professional certificates
- College transcripts
- CLEP tests
- DANTES tests
- AP tests
- Job assignment descriptions
- Performance reports
Credit for military training
Undergraduate college credit for military training may be awarded upon review of a military transcript. We follow American Transfer of Credit (ACE) recommendations on granting credit. A military transcript can be requested from:
- Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART)
- Army American Council on Education Registry Transcript Service (AARTS)
- Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
- U.S. Coast Guard Institute (CGI)
Contact email@example.com for more information on college credit for military training.
Globe University/Minnesota School of Business has articulation agreements with the following schools:
- Brown College, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Waldorf College, Forest City, Iowa
- ITT Technical Institute, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Colorado Technical University
Articulation agreements indicate that a student can take credits earned at Globe University/Minnesota School of Business and be eligible for credits at one of the institutions listed above.
Need more info?
Contact our admissions office at 1-877-303-6060, or request information online.