At Globe University, we recognize that students have knowledge when they come to our school. We grant college credit toward your degree or certificate for demonstrated completion of an educational or professional experience equivalent to a course in your program.
There are no charges or fees for evaluating your experience or for the credit—it is one way we help you achieve your goals as efficiently as possible.
Your degree may be closer than you think. If you are interested in applying for credit for experience, please contact your campus or our online division for information about the application process:
- Undergraduate students, ask to speak with the dean of students or dean of education about credit for prior learning.
- Graduate students, ask to speak with the graduate program chair about credit for work experience.
Credit for Experience and Transfer Credits
Learning that may qualify for credit may have been acquired through formal and informal training.
Experience in industry, business and the military, certification courses and transfer credits from another college could qualify. You will need to demonstrate through thorough documentation that you have accomplished the objectives for a specific course.
Examples of documentation include the following:
- Letters from employers
- Professional certificates
- College transcripts
- CLEP tests
- DANTES tests
- AP tests
- Job assignment descriptions
- Performance reports
Credit for Military Training
Undergraduate college credit for military training may be awarded upon review of a military transcript. We follow American Transfer of Credit (ACE) recommendations on granting credit. A military transcript can be requested from:
- Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART)
- Army American Council on Education Registry Transcript Service (AARTS)
- Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
- U.S. Coast Guard Institute (CGI)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on college credit for military training.
Globe University has articulation agreements with the following schools:
- Brown College, Minneapolis
- Capella University, Minneapolis
- Colorado Technical University
- Concordia University, St. Paul
- ITT Technical Institute, Eden Prairie, Minn.
- St. Mary’s University of Minnesota
- Waldorf College, Forest City, Iowa
Articulation agreements indicate that a student can take credits earned at Globe University or Minnesota School of Business and be eligible for credits at one of the institutions listed above. Please contact an academic services staff member for program specific information.
Need more info? Contact our admissions office at 1-877-303-6060 or request information online.