Globe University welcomes international students, including international MBA and international graduate students, to our Minneapolis campus. Our international admissions team offers dedicated support to applicants from around the world.
An international student must satisfy all programmatic as well as the additional requirements for admission summarized below. Some requirements may vary for international undergraduate students and international graduate students.
Contact International Admissions
International Student Admission Requirements
- Legal visa
- Proof of funds, if the student is requesting an I-20 form in order to obtain an F-1 visa to study in the U.S. See the catalog for details.
- Proof of English proficiency (outlined below)
- Admissions paperwork
We’ll help you every step of the way. The college application process can be confusing. Your admissions representative will help you throughout the entire process, providing support with:
- Admissions paperwork
- I-20 forms
- Student F-1 visa issues and referrals to immigration agencies
- Housing and transportation resources
- Social opportunities
- Academic support on campus and online
- Employment assistance
Getting Your Visa
International students must obtain F-1 visas in order to study in the United States. Our international admissions department helps facilitate the F-1 visa application process by sending an I-20 form shortly after a student has been admitted to the university. Students can apply for the following type of visa:
- F-1, or Student Visa: This visa type is the most common among our international students. It is for non-immigrant students pursuing education.
Proof of English Proficiency
The diploma, certificate, associate or bachelor's degree program, with the exception of the nursing program, requires one of the following:
The nursing program international student compliance requires:
If the student's native language is not English, the student must:
- Demonstrate English proficiency in reading, writing and oral communication methods
- Present an official copy of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) report with a minimum score of 500 (paper), 173 (computer) or 61 (Internet)
- Present either a Test of Spoken English (TSE) report with a minimum score of 50 or a Speaking Proficiency English Assessment Kit (SPEAK) report with a minimum score of 50
The graduate degree programs require:
- Attestation of English proficiency completed as part of the student's required undergraduate or MBA degree documentation (dependent upon program for which you are applying)
- Official transcripts from all appropriate institutions
- All other required admissions documentation as outlined in the current course catalog
Call us to learn more
Questions about our university? Call 1-877-455-3697 to learn more or get in touch with an international admissions representative by calling 612-455-3000.