Worldstudio, AIGA Minnesota, and the College of Visual Arts are excited to announce a unique beginner-level, one-day workshop that addresses the funding aspect of design for the public good.
The workshop will take place on October 22nd at the College of Visual Arts from 9:30 am – 4:30 pm and is limited to 30 participants on a first-come, first-served basis. The fee is $50 for AIGA members and CVA students/faculty; $60 for everyone else. Registration deadline is Friday, October 1st.
The workshop will focus on funding strategies for socially responsible projects that are not client-based.
An interactive presentation is followed by small group collaboration where attendees get the opportunity to apply new skills to an actual project by creating a project budget, marketing plan and funding strategy under the guidance of the instructor.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Overview of funding models.
- Corporate sponsorship vs. foundation grants
- Engaging non-profit partners who can benefit and legitimize your idea.
- Creating a basic project budget and marketing plan.
- Determining the key values that drive various types of funders.
- Tools for pitching your idea.
- Assessing appropriate project partners and funding sources.
- How to get ideas in front of potential funding sources.
- Effectively engaging appropriate sponsors and partners.
For further information, please email email@example.com