Massage Graduate Continues to Grow

Patti Elsen Providing Chair Massages at the Sparta Chamber of Commerce Golf Outing

Patty Elsen is a terrific example of a Globe University-La Crosse Massage Therapy graduate. She’s motivated to build her business and give back to the community. While at the university, she was dedicated to her coursework and very involved with community service. With her skills and drive, she will make a great impact on the community. Read her recent letter to Globe:

August 2, 2012
Globe University-La Crosse,

My new life as a Massage Therapist has been everything I was hoping for, and so much more!  I’ve only been in business for two and a half months, and I already feel at home in my massage room.  I get a feeling of great satisfaction when I walk through my door. I love knowing that my hands can truly help someone in a very real and positive way!

I have been very grateful to Globe University for the well-rounded training I received there.  When I was invited to do chair massage for the Sparta Chamber of Commerce Golf Outing, I jumped at the chance to do some marketing in the community where I live.  Still, I spent the next couple of weeks alternating between great anticipation and sheer terror.  Sure, I’ve worked and lived in this community for a lot of years.  Yes, I have a license to practice, and I have been told by many people that I am very good at what I do.  The fact is, without my business training and the connections that I made at Globe, I would not have had the courage to “plan and man” a solo chair massage booth.

The experiences I had at chair massage events during my education gave me great insights about what I might encounter during an event.  Other Massage Therapists in my network gave me great tips about what I might like to bring along for marketing and to keep my energy level up.  The President of the Sparta Chamber of Commerce, DeAnn Perzel, gave me additional tips on what to expect at this particular event, and provided assistance with set-up and tear-down people.  I was assigned an absolutely perfect location with plenty of shade and a nice breeze.

Patti Elsen, 2012 Globe University-La Crosse Massage Therapy Graduate

Patty Elsen, 2012 Globe University-La Crosse Massage Therapy Graduate

I made my list, and checked it compulsively, as I prepared for the Golf Outing event.  I arrived early to set up.  I felt very well supported by the Chamber of Commerce people who checked in with me throughout the event, to make sure I had everything I needed.  There was no way to predetermine the number of people that might want a free chair massage, but I had been given an estimate to work with, so I could have enough supplies.  I had everything I needed, and received several comments on how relaxing the setting was.  The only thing I had to focus on was the person on my chair.  I met some great people, and worked out some knotted muscles.  I found myself feeling very confident and competent at my job, and I loved the fact that I was getting an opportunity to give back to my community at the same time!  Thank you, Globe University, you put some great tools in my toolbox!

Patti with Massage Students Demonstrating Healthy Exercises for Seniors during a Special Populations Class Service Learning Porject

Gratefully,

Patty Elsen, LMT
Globe University Graduate, March 2012

This entry was posted in La Crosse Campus and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Massage Graduate Continues to Grow

1. Dawn Boayue says:

This is fantastic Patti! It is a great feeling to find happiness in something you love to do!!! Congrats!

2. This sounds like a true success story. Good luck and continue the good work.