We Care: Operation School Supplies a Success

24 notebooks, 35 boxes of crayons, 21 rulers, 14 folders, 32 packs of pens and pencils and 2 backpacks. These were just a sample of school supplies that were donated during Globe University-Madison West’s Operation School Supplies drive.

The drive, which ran from July 30-August 15 resulted in more than 221 school supplies donated to Sauk Trail Elementary. The supplies were given to the school’s guidance counselors who will distribute them to students in need.

Sheila Connolly-Lederer, Administrative Assistant at Sauk Trial Elementary School thanked Globe University-Madison West for our efforts and shared that for some students, their school year just got easier with the donations.

Kim Sprecker, Dean of Faculty donated shared her thoughts. “I was happy for the opportunity to donate. I had acquired lots of pens and pencils by attending trade shows and events, and there was no way I was ever going to use them all. By passing them along to the school, they didn’t go to waste sitting in a desk drawer for years but instead were able to be put to good use. Everyone wins—I got a clean desk, and kids got tools they needed for school.”

“I’m an artistic person and one day while at Target, I thought of all students at school that don’t have supplies, particularly markers and crayons. So I bought some for Operation School Supplies. This small gesture made me smile knowing that these kids will now have something to use while at school.” Administrative Assistant, Amanda Hatzinger added.

Five Globe University campuses across Wisconsin and Minnesota served as a donation sites for Operation School Supplies which was co-sponsored by Charter Communications and the Hallmark Channel. The campuses efforts lead to collecting 1987 school supplies for local schools. Globe University-Eau Claire collected the most items with a total of 1231 items. Globe University was very proud to be a part of this campaign and look forward to doing it again next year.

This entry was posted in Madison West Campus and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.