Why I Chose Globe University: One Student’s Story

Every Globe University student has their own reason for choosing Globe. Below is a story from Daniel Erickson. Daniel graduated in September 2012 with his associate degree in information technology. He’s decided to continue his education to achieve a bachelor’s degree in IT. Read Daniel’s words to learn more about his Globe story.

Daniel Erickson, Globe University-La Crosse graduate, AAS in Information Technology

I was recently asked why I decided to join Globe Universi ty. Interestingly, it all started while I was seeing a doctor at the Veterans Affairs Hospital in Tomah. The doctor recommended I give Globe University a try because of the positive feedback from other veterans like myself. So I decided that would be my first place to try out, turns out it was the only choice I needed.

When I called, I was connected to Crystal who started my journey to a higher education. She asked me what program I was interested in and when I wanted to start. I told her that I was interested in the IT program but I didn’t know when I wanted to start. Then she told me something I will never forget. She told me to call back when I was serious about getting a higher education because it is a huge step and not one to be taken lightly. Stunned, I quietly agreed that I would call back.

Her telling me to call back when I was serious struck a chord with me and I asked myself some deep questions. Did I really want to get a better education? Would I be able to go back to school after almost 7 years in the Army and succeed? Was I serious?

This was the reason for my enrollment at Globe University. She could have easily just gone through the motion of a normal enrollment, but she made me question myself and wanted me to really think about my choice. I wasn’t just another potential student or another notch on her belt; she really wanted me to know that going to school was a step not to be taken lightly.

After being at Globe for the duration of my Associates Degree in Information Technology, about 1 year and 9 months, I am glad to have found other staff that felt the same way as Crystal. They actually care about the students and will do what is needed to not only get the lessons across, but also make sure the students have the skills to be successful in the workplace.

This entry was posted in Information Technology, La Crosse Campus and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.