WACKY TAX DEDUCTIONS
The Minnesota society of CPAs recently listed some of the most outrageous tax deductions their clients had suggested. Here are a few. You can see them all at http://www.accountingtoday.com/gallery/Wackiest-Outrageous-Tax-Deductions-61797-1.html
One client wanted to depreciate a dead dog. He was a hunting guide.
3. Motorbike – the client used it as a delivery bike.
4. Many want to claim dog food, veterinary services, grooming, etc. as these pets are used to “guard and protect” various things.
5. Local Politician – claim as a deduction because client is “paying his salary”
6. Children’s school fees as training expenses for a company the parent runs.
7. Russian Bride – expense for the dowry needed to pay her family.
8. Hash Brownies – they were needed to relieve stress from a harrowing job.
10. Rugby player’s Fast Food and Beer – he needed it to gain weight in order to earn his income.