Join Globe University-Appleton on Wednesday, June 6 for a campus-wide blood drive! There are still a few spots available and we would love for you to help us reach our goal. Stopping by the front desk to sign up. The drive will take place in the commons tomorrow at 8 am to 12 pm.
Did you know?
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- More than 38,000 blood donations are needed every day.
- A total of 30 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S. (2006).
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is Type O.
- The blood used in an emergency is already on the shelves before the event occurs.
- More than 1 million new people are diagnosed with cancer each year. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.