Are you or someone you know considering a career in drafting? NTI School of Technology Globe University is hosting a FREE 90-minute informational seminar about emerging drafting careers on Saturday, March 9, 2013 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Presentation from Industry Experts:
- Architectural Drafting by John Hartman, architectural technology program chair
- Engineering Drafting by Dan Podzimek, engineering technology program chair
- Mechanical Engineering Technology by Pam Schumacher, mechanical engineering technology program chair
“This event is a great opportunity for those who do not have the time to come in to learn more about these programs during the week,” said Tiffany Simmons, college representative. “You never know, in just 90 minutes you may find your future career you’ve always dreamed of.”
- Time: 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Location: 8089 Globe Drive, Woodbury MN 55125
- Cost: Free and open to the public (light refreshments will be provided)
- RSVP: Tiffany Simmons at email@example.com or at 651-714-7310 (Space is limited)
Overview of Programs:
Architectural Drafting and Design: This 2-year degree in architectural drafting and design is an excellent foundation for positions including CAD technician, residential design technician and architectural technician. Instructors have experience in the field, and courses are taught from a practical, hands-on perspective.
Engineering Drafting and Design: Students will learn practical skills from instructors with field experience. Engineering drafting and design program features:
- Computer aided drafting and design (CADD) software: SolidWorks, Creo (Pro-Engineer)
- How to improve the cost effectiveness of products and processes through standardization, material and process selection, and tolerancing
- Design for manufacturing and assembly
- Product data management
Mechanical Engineering Technology: The Bachelor of Science program combines engineering technology principles with hands-on experience in drafting, design, digital fabrication and experiments. Designed for the working professional, the last two years of the program includes part-time evening and weekend classes, plus online options.
We look forward to seeing you on March 9, 2013!