The Golden Globe Award Comes to Globe University-Eau Claire
This Golden Globe Award is not the one given by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for recognition in film or television. This award is so much more than that. Globe University-Eau Claire will be giving the Golden Globe Award to a staff or faculty member every month to recognize them for their great work on our campus and throughout the Globe University network of colleges.
The Golden Globe is a traveling award that will be given during the monthly all-campus meeting. Past award winners will be given a certificate of achievement when they pass on the trophy.
Globe University has many aspects that set it apart as an outstanding and “Golden” school. One of the many aspects is the amazing faculty and staff at the school. The way they relate to others, especially students, is exemplary and exudes the We Care attitude that Globe University has become known for. Here are five ways students benefit from We Care–the attitude that our Golden Globe Award recognizes:
- Students witness the We Care attitude every day on campus. As students begin the Admissions process they see first hand how the Admissions Reps care about the details of the individual’s life and how it impacts their entrance to Globe University. They take into account their interests and busy schedules when guiding prospective students through the admissions process.
- The Financial Aid staff patiently guide each student and family through the tricky and sometimes treacherous process of financing education.
- The Education Department does everything it can to provide students with information and support to make each student successful on their educational path.
- Skilled instructors impart valuable information that contributes to academic success and amazing experiences that will be invaluable to on-the-job success.
- Career Services provide the polish and expertise needed to land a rewarding career through personal attention with resume writing, practicing interview skills, and providing ongoing career opportunities.
Students, staff and faculty can nominate any employee for the Golden Globe. To nominate an individual please complete a nomination form and place it in the golden jar at the front desk. Examples of what a nomination could be include:
- An instructor stays late to assist a student in class
- Individuals planning successful events on campus
- Program chairs recruiting new students or finding jobs for graduates
- Observing exemplary behavior as it relates to our We Care mission
In January, the Golden Globe Award was given to Joan Hamilton, our Massage Therapy Program Chair. Joan received this award in response to her success in piloting a flipped classroom in her anatomy and physiology class as well as her persistence in finding externship sites for her seven March graduates. Joan displays the We Care mission in everything that she does, and is a true asset to the Globe University-Eau Claire campus.
Who will receive the award in February? It is up to you! Place your nominations today.
By Kelsie Beckfield and Sandy Rutter