Students enrolled in the HFS program at Globe University / Minnesota School of Business / Utah Career College have the opportunity to apply for a scholarship that will pay $300 toward a professional certification. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on the following:
1. Academic performance.
2. Students interested in taking the following certifications must have taken HS254, Exercise Prescription for Special Populations: ACSM’s CPT; NSCA’s CPT; NETA; ACE; or NASM’s CPT certification.
3. Students interested in taking the IYCA Level 1 certification will need to have taken HS321, Principles of Child Fitness.
4. Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
5. Applicants will write a personal statement of career goals (not to exceed 500 words) that addresses the following:
a. Specific career goals
b. How the certification will enhance the student’s career
c. How the student will use the experience and knowledge gained from GU/MSB/UCC in his/her career.
d. Plans for continuing education
6. Applicants will require a recommendation from a faculty member.
Applications will be accepted until January 22nd. Please contact the HFS chair at your campus or contact Network Associate Dean Amy Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Recipients who receive the scholarship will be notified in writing by the beginning of the sixth week of the quarter. The professional certification must be taken within six months of the date on the scholarship award letter.
This is a great way to get your certification paid for and improve your marketability in the field. Good luck!