The new year is approaching us quickly and it’s that time again to think about what your resolution might be. Maybe you want to lose weight, eat better, or take more time for others or yourself. Here, Globe University-Green Bay staff members share 5 tips for college students to help them kick the New Year off right.
- Take time to apply for scholarships and don’t give up if you don’t receive the first one you apply for. -Kristin Thyion, director of financial aid
- Use this year as the year to implement all of the study habits that you always thought would make you more successful. Getting in the habit only takes a few weeks, and once a habit is formed, it will be helpful. -Adam Hatlak, admissions representative
- Treat it as the same as starting a new quarter. Look at your individual successes from the previous quarter and apply them to the new quarter, but also look at your individual shortcomings and see where improvements can be made. Ensure to dedicate yourself right away and do not fall into the “trap” of waiting until later to be fully committed. Remember that there are numerous resources available for help, but also remember that the most powerful resource available is the one within yourself! -Shaun Raganyi, administrative assistant
- When you sit down to study or to do an assignment, first think for a minute or two not about your homework, but visualize yourself being at work in the career field that you are so excited about. –Don Zeikel, admissions representative
- Don’t put off what you can do today, tomorrow. You never know when an opportunity (for anything) will present itself. –Jackie Doperalski, director of career services
No matter how your New Year starts off, you can ultimately decide to change things. We have free tutoring services and resources for students to do the very best they can do. For tutoring information, please contact Carey Mraz at firstname.lastname@example.org.