The Career Fair is around the corner: Wednesday, June 6 from 2p-5p in the Globe-La Crosse commons! Visit the Globe-La Crosse Facebook page for event information and check out the following 5 tips to prepare!
Career Fair Tips
5 Career Fair Tips for Job Seekers
- Bring your Resume: Prepared job seekers have clean, well-written, and professional resumes. Sharing your resume is a great way for employers to learn about your qualifications and collect your contact information.
- Research Employers: Learn about the companies that are attending the fair. You’ll impress the employers with your knowledge and you’ll appear more interested in joining their team.
- Practice your Handshake: Confident handshakes are necessary for a good first impression. Perfect a firm, but not crushing, handshake before the event.
- Professional Dress: Wow employers with a great first impression. Wear conservative business attire. Suits, button up shirts or blouses, and dress shoes are key for a strong first impression.
- Prepare Questions to Ask: Questions show your interest in a company. Prepare questions to learn more about a company and express your interest in the organization.
If you’d like additional Career Fair advice, connect with the Globe-La Crosse Career Services Team. Carolyn Moe and Crystal Layland are happy to help!