It’s not too late to join the Globe-La Crosse Polar Plunge Team!
Current Globe Plunge Team Members: 28 and growing!
Register Online with the Globe Team!
Use this link if you’re not registered with the Globe Team online: http://sowi.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=1004080&lis=1&kntae1004080=EE4117FC8C514CBEACF12C5A2ACA24E0&supId=0&team=4949180&cj=Y
Once you get to the page, click “Join Our Plunge Team” and go from there. You can see from the list on the Globe Team page if you’re on it. Many of you are, but some are not yet. I indicated above if you’re not yet on the Globe Team online.
If your family or friends will be part of the Globe team, have them register for the team as well! The more the merrier!
Once you are registered with the Globe team and have created your own page (feel free to upload a photo!) copy and paste the link on your Facebook and send it out in emails to your friends and family to raise funds.
Tips for NEW PLUNGERS!
- Wear old tennis shoes or water shoes. Don’t go barefoot, you could get injured, and don’t wear sandals, they won’t stay on your feet! They’ll come off and float away!
- Make sure to bring a change of clothes and shoes and towels with you
to Pettibone to dry off and change into dry clothes.
- Bring a plastic bag to bring home your wet clothes, shoes, and towel.
- When you PLUNGE, you can run to the edge of the ice and high-five the emergency personnel at the edge, or you can run along the entire edge of the ice and high-five all of the emergency personnel!
- Remember, what you take in the water (hats, wigs, floaties, etc.) must come out of the water with you.
More info to come!
Be on the lookout for more information regarding:
DONATIONS: By Thursday, March 1, turn in all your cash and check donations to Brady Lowe. Brady will take them to registration that evening to get our jump time. Brady will also pick up all of the prizes you were able to raise funds for! I’ll get these, along with your participation bracelets on Thursday, March 1.
EMAIL: It is very important you check your email on Friday, March 2 so you get the email with our jump time and the time we’ll be meeting for the shuttle at John’s Bar. We want everyone on the team to jump at the same time so PLEASE check your email! If this is going to be a problem, please let me know.
If you have any questions, please let me know! This may be Globe University La Crosses’s BIGGEST Polar Plunge team yet! AWESOME!