It is time again for eligible students to apply for the community service scholarship given to our students each quarter. Students who have won the scholarship in the past have done so by completing community service ranging from mission trips abroad to small local work here in the Coulee Region. Big or small each one of us can contribute to our community here locally, like past winner Robert Matthews, III, a Criminal Justice student or at the world wide level, like past winner Denae Larrabee, Medical Assisting alumna. If you are currently participating in community service, check out our Community Service Scholarship worth $2000 towards your tuition over the course of a year.
Eligibility guidelines are outline below:
- Must be enrolled in a diploma, associate, or bachelor’s degree program
- Must be a continuing student by having completed at least 1 term at Globe University
- Not in arrears with financial aid or have an outstanding balance with Globe University
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA or Higher
- Meet and maintain 90% attendance ratio of required contact hours
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 11 credits per term
- Provide, as a scholarship application, a minimum ½ page written summary of community service activity performed within the prior 3 months.
- Agree to let Globe University promote the student’s community service involvement
More details are listed on page 20-21 of the most recent edition of the course catalog.
Applications are being collected until 12:00 PM on December 1, 2012 to be eligible for the scholarship beginning in Winter 2013 Quarter. Contact Ree Nae Roberge-Greene, Student Services Coordinator with questions.