If you were to meet me and ask what I do, I would tell you I am a massage therapist/instructor/program chair. Through out my career life I have created the perfect melding of professions to follow my passions. I am not the only person in the world who has decided a dual/ blended career is the way to go. But you may be thinking why do this?
Here are a few reasons:
- It keeps our brains curious and growing as we jump into different roles during our day or our week.
- Perhaps there is a crossover which may benefit your client or customer base which you work with at the moment.
- It also may help you grow the other part of your career and vice versa.
When you begin contemplating if this is the right path for you, here are some questions you may want to address: (massage and bodywork magazine July/August 2012)
- Is there anything I wish I could spend more time doing?
- Do I have interests or hobbies I have placed on the back burner for sometime later?
- Is there something I have to offer which I could be offering my clients to benefit them more fully?
- What do clients/ customers/people want from me?
- Is there anything I could be doing which would could make me more me?
- Do I need training, a certification or a license to add this passion to my plate?
- How will this new slash combine with my other career passions?
As a massage therapist, I see many careers that could blend beautifully with the profession. Massage focuses on helping the healing of a person on physical, emotional, and mental levels. For instance if you already are working with people to strengthen and stretch muscles, how great would it be to be able to release the tension from the muscles from your clients body? Personal trainer and massage therapist meld beautifully. You create beauty with your hands in the form of sculpting and now you get to sculpt the muscles into relaxation. You also have a place to display artwork. Artist and massage therapist also can create balance in a person.
For me I have been looking at the questions and deciding what slash I will add to my profession yet again to blend and create a dual profession that even fits me even more authentically. It seems to be guiding me towards nutrition.
Now it is time for you to think is a dual career right for you? Would massage therapist blend for you? How are you going to blend your passions to create the perfect dual career for you.
For more information: Let’s Dual:Diversify your clients and yourself
- Wednesday, September 19 5:30 pm-8:00 pm
- Globe University-Madison East Commons
- 4901 Eastpark Blvd, Madison WI 53714
- email: email@example.com
Happiness and Harmony!