Why attend? There are several reasons to attend this year’s Community Appreciation Day, but the top 10 reasons are listed below!
1. It’s FREE. Need I say more? There will be free food, free music, free prizes, free games and activities, and even free money! Yes, free money. Summit Credit Union will be here from 11:30am – 1pm giving out $10 to each person that stops by their booth and asking them to pay it forward by taking that $10 and using it to do something good.
2. Amazing Food. Not only is the food free, but it’s delicious too! We will be serving up hotdogs and burgers fresh off the grill. There will nachos and cheese, sides, cake and cotton candy along with soda and water to wash it all down.
3. Fun Games and Activities. There are games for everyone. Face painting, balloon twisting, crafts, bozo buckets, tic-tac-toss, and more! There truly is something for everyone.
4. Bounce House. Who doesn’t love a bounce house? This year there is a bounce house for younger children and an inflatable obstacle course for older children and adults.
5. Music. 93.1 JAMZ is going to be recording LIVE at the event from 11:30am – 1pm and there will be a DJ playing tunes during the evening session from 5:30pm – 7:30pm. Feel free to request a song or two!
6. Prizes. All attendees will have the chance to win two BIG giveaway packages including a Nook Tablet with $50 gift card to Barnes and Noble AND a Brewer tailgate package including 4 tickets to a September game and a $50 gift card to Fresh Market. In addition to the big-ticket items, there will also be a variety of raffle prizes!
7. Emergency Services Expo. The Madison Police Canine Unit and The Madison Mounted Patrol unit will be out. Stop over to ask questions or just say hi to the officers and animals. Step inside the Wisconsin Department of Transportation’s new mobile classroom, THE REF (Transportable High-End Rider Education Facility). THE REF is designed to reach out to motorcycle riders and to educate and encourage formal rider training.
8. Flag Pole Dedication Ceremony. Are you patriotic? Do you support our troops? Globe University does! Join us at 11:30am as we kick-off the event with the dedication of our new flag pole.
9. Maynard the Mallard. Who doesn’t love a giant duck? Check out Madison’s very own Maynard the Mallard as he walks around and greets people throughout the day. Bring your camera and get your photo take with him!
10. Street Art. You’ve seen him on State Street working his magic with his spray paint. That’s right, Cosmo Joe will be here creating works of art right before your eyes!
So – join us for a fun-filled day on Tuesday, July 31st at Globe University – Madison East located at 4901 Eastpark Blvd., Madison, WI for our annual Community Appreciation Day. You don’t want to miss it!