Please join our campuses in celebrating massage awareness week. Below is a current schedule of events at some of our campuses. If you don’t see information about a specific campus please contact the Massage Program Chair at the campus to ask about any events that may be happening for massage awareness week.
Minnesota School of Business Campuses:
Brooklyn Center, MN
Brooklyn Center Massage students have chosen breast cancer for this year’s charity as it coincides with Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
For jeans week, the donation is $15. You will also get a voucher to receive a chair massage (classes giving chair massages for donations Tuesday and Thursday evenings that week. See below.) Make checks out to the American Cancer Society. We will include a letter indicating that the funds are for breast cancer.
Other events for Massage Awareness Week:
*First come, first served basis*
- Monday, October 24 – class is volunteering massage at The American Cancer Society Hope Lodge
- Tuesday, October 25 – class is giving chair massages in the student lounge from 6:10 – 7:45 ($1/minute or free 15 minutes for those participating in jeans week.)
- Wednesday, October 26 – Massage Therapy Expert Panel. Jessi Bauer has coordinated an event for massage therapists and employers to share their knowledge and experience with students and graduates of the program.
- Thursday, October 27 – class is giving chair massages in the student lounge from 7:30 – 9:30 ($1/minute or free 15 minutes for those participating in jeans week.)
Plymouth Massage students are raising money for the Community Health Foundation of Wright County to help raise money to build a Hospice Center for the surrounding community
*First come, First Served Basis*
- Monday, October 24 at 11am in the commons Brian Trewartha will be presenting on techniques and uses for Acupuncture.
- Tuesday, October 25 from 9:30am-12:00pm hand treatments including paraffin wax, and reflexology treatments available in the commons for donations. At this time you may also register for fall massage clinics. All clinic appointments will be taken for a $5.00 minimum donation per appointment made- up to 3 appointments per person.
- Wednesday, October 26 from 6:30pm-8:00pm Chair massages available in the commons for donations. At this time you may also register for fall massage clinics. All clinic appointments will be taken for a $5.00 minimum donation per appointment made- up to 3 appointments per person.
October 22nd this campus is joining forces with the Rochester Mayo clinic at the 2011 Mayo Civic Center Woman’s Fall Expo. Students will be giving massages at the Mayo Clinic booth.
Appleton Campus Massage students are raising money for Project Bridges, a non-profit day care and preschool that provides high quality care and education for children with diverse needs, cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds
Get a Massage with a donation to Project Bridges:
- Tuesday, October 25 – 9:30 am – 10:30 am and 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 26 – 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm – Hot Stone Massages
*Massage appointments will be given to the first responses. Contact Wendy Wettengel-Perrigoue at email@example.com by October 20*
Presentation by Massage Chair Wendy Wettengel-Perrigoue on “The Health Benefits of Massage: More Than Just Pampering.”
- Tuesday, October 25 – 6:00 pm
- Friday, October 28 – 10:00 am
Eau Claire, WI
The massage students are offering massage on October 25 to raise money for United Way and the Sports Massage class is doing a caring for the caregiver at Dove Health Care by massaging the staff.
Performing chair massages at United Way on Tuesday, October 25. On Wednesday, October 26 they will be promoting the benefits of massage at Ministry Health along with providing chair massages and raising money for United Way.
Massage students will collecting donations for the “Burnout Fund” this is a local fund that helps any firefighter injured during a fire or any family who has lost their home to a fire
Complimentary Massages at the Meridian, Idaho City Hall; donations are welcome.
- Tuesday, October 25 – 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Madison East, WI
- Massage students will be raising funds during massage awareness week that will be donated to the setup of the local community center which will benefit the diverse community where it is located.
- Massage students will be at the Watertown Medical Center. They will be doing chair massage for visitors of the center. The entire day is dedicated to massage awareness for the community and the staff. The students will also be able to be able to sit in on different presentations about different massage modalities.