MBLEx, NCETM or NCETMB: Which exam should I take?

How do you know which licensing or certification exam to take?

  1. Find out which exam is required in the state you want to perform massage.
  2. If all of them are accepted then you need to decide what you want.
  3. The MBLEx is a licensing exam; there are no CEUs required, no renewal fee, no certification standing
  4. The NCETM and NCETMB is a certification exam which will give you a certification.  To keep your certification you will need to renew and perform continuing education.
  5. There is also another exam, NESL, please see the NCBTMB website below for more information on that exam.
  6. If you are planning to work in a state that doesn’t require you to take either, than you can decide whether or not you want to take a licensing exam or a certification exam depending on what you are hoping to accomplish with taking the exam.
  7. Some therapists choose to take both and that is acceptable as well

To learn more about these exams please go to:

www.fsmtb.org – MBLEx

www.ncbtmb.org – NCETM, NCETMB and NESL