Join Globe University-Green Bay in congratulating Morgan Christensen, the January Student of the Month! Morgan is in the massage therapy program and hopes to use her education to make a difference in the lives of other. She was nominated for many reasons including: always smiling and looking at the bright side of things, supporting her fellow students when they need help, and being professional when working with her massage clients.
Morgan will receive a certificate, be featured on a bulletin board on campus, and best of all – receive a front row parking spot for the entire month!
Get to know Morgan better below:
- Why did you chose the massage therapy program?
I received my first massage when I was twelve as a gift from my family to help get through a rough patch in my life and it helped me feel so much better that I decided I wanted to do that for other people.
- Why did you choose Globe University?
At first it was because it was the closest school that had a massage program, but the more I checked it out I realized I wasn’t going just for the convenience. Everyone is very nice and the small classes make learning more comfortable for me.
- Favorite part of the program?
So far anatomy and physiology. I feel like a dork but I really enjoy learning that stuff and had to do it online in high school so I appreciate learning it a lot more from an instructor in a classroom.
- Most interesting thing you have learned during your time here at Globe?
My insights profile was pretty interesting to read. (Insights is a communication preference tool we use to teach students more about their own communication style and others.)
- What do you want potential students to know about Globe’s Massage Therapy Program or going back to school in general?
If it feels like the right thing for you. Do it.
- What do you do to stay motivated?
I receive a lot of support from loved ones so I feel like just having that keeps me going…and coffee.
- Who are your biggest supporters with school and why?
My mom and my classmates. I think we all try to help each other out and it’s really nice to be a part of a team like that.
- What are you most proud of so far academically?
Well, this is the first time I have ever received a 4.0, so I am pretty proud of that.
- What has been your biggest challenge?
Affording gas to get to school.
- What do you do for fun?
Last night I went sledding. That was fun.
- If you could spend 24 hours with anyone, who would it be and why?
Probably a dead ancestor or something.
- Favorite quote:
“There is no passion to be found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” -Nelson Mandela