Less than 20 percent of the Globe University-Woodbury students apply for scholarships, according to the campus’s financial aid department.
Globe University believes that higher education should be accessible to those who want it. For this reason, we offer a number of opportunities to help students defray the costs of education.
“According to the Institute for College Access and Success, the average college graduate has acquired $24,000 in student loans by the time they graduate, and that figure is likely to increase,” said Jill Garcia, Globe University-Woodbury associate director of financial aid. “For this reason, students need to take advantage of every scholarship opportunity out there in order to reduce their overall college debt.”
Below is a new scholarship for medical assisting students in Minnesota that Jennifer Larson, medical assistant program chair at Globe University-Woodbury, is encouraging all the medical assistant students to apply for.
The Minnesota Society of Medical Assistants (MSMA) is sponsoring three $1,000 scholarships for medical assisting students in Minnesota. Any student currently attending a Commission on Accredited of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) schools are encouraged to apply. The scholarships will be sent to the campus and will be applied to the students’ tuition. The MSMA scholarships will be awarded in the spring and formally presented at the 2013 MSMA Spring Conference in April.
Eligibility criteria for the scholarships:
- Applicants must be a Minnesota Resident
- Applicants must be attending a college that is CAAHEP or ABHES accredited as well as a medical assisting program approved by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). (Globe University’s medical assisting program meets the above criteria.)
- Applicants must have an aptitude for the field of medical assisting
- Applicants must submit the following information:
- Completed application (Please stop by the front desk for an application.)
- Self-written essay
- Faculty letter of reference
- Business letter of reference
- Copy of most recent official college transcript (see Registrar)
- Postmarked by January 31, 2013
- Mailed to:
Jodie Ostern, CMA (AAMA)
12560 Katrina Drive
Caledonia, MN 55921
Incomplete information and/or items missing will disqualify applicant
For more scholarship information, see the current course catalog or visit the financial aid department.