This quarter, Amelia Cohoes is taking over as our lead librarian for the Globe University-Minneapolis campus. Below, she gives you five (even though there are way more than five) reasons why you should visit the library.
1. Research Help. Online searching can be overwhelming. Even with in the library’s MultiSearch feature, you could get millions of results with your search terms. “I can help guide you through the research process, show you how to use Boolean operators and the thesaurus to get the most relevant results for your topic,” Amelia said.
2. APA Help. “APA citation and style can also be overwhelming. We have many resources available to ensure that your citations are correct,” Amelia said. “We also have templates available that will do all the formatting for you.”
3. Recreational books and DVDs. “We have a small DVD collection, with documentaries and blockbusters, like The Other Boylan Girl, A Time to Kill and more,” Amelia said. The library collection also has a good selection of fiction, literature and poetry. Additionally, we have the Recreational Reading Collection which consists of books donated to the library over the past years. This is an honor-system check out, so you aren’t bound by any due dates.
4. Free Printing! Yes, we have free printing available to our students.
5. Amelia, your campus librarian. Stop in and chat with Amelia. “I love making connections with students, and I learn from them all the time,” Amelia said. She also appreciates feedback. Remember that the library is here to serve our students, and we want to ensure your success. Amelia is also interested in doing a quarterly book club, but needs more people to participate. Let her know if you want to join!
So if it’s been a while since you have visited the library, stop in and meet Amelia and check out the great selection of books, magazines and DVDs. The library hours are now Monday-Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Friday by appointment and Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.