Globe University recently began the Winter 2013 quarter, which means it’s college orientation time. We have all been through some type of orientation in our education or career. How we start much of anything in life determines the success of the outcome.
New student orientation matters to Globe University and before the start of every quarter we hold a special time especially for new students attending the campus. This time is critical to new students who can often times feel many things, such as fear, intimidation and insecurity. It is also a time when students have a lot of questions.
The most recent new student orientation was a time for students to meet all of our faculty and staff. We want our students to know that we really do care about them and their successful career. We love meeting our students on their first day and we especially love that moment at graduation!
There are six reasons why we believe new student orientation is critical to all new students:
- Staff & Faculty Introductions – It’s all about the relationships, especially the ones that will be helping students along every step of the way from that first day to the final day at graduation.
- Campus Tours – Familiarity with the campus gives students comfort. It’s beneficial to “see” where the computer lab, library and other important rooms are located. This is also when we spend time showing students how to navigate through the internal computer system, Campus Connect, which allows students to submit assignments and see their progress – and more!
- Class Schedule Assistance – This is a great time for students to receive help answering questions about their class schedule.
- Experience Campus Life – It’s a great time to see and feel what campus life is like!
- Understand Expectations – We are a university that is serious about successful careers; therefore, it’s important for new students to understand the expectations needed for graduation and beyond.
- Make Friends – Some of the closest friends are the ones students meet at orientation. It’s important to have friends who can share this exciting journey with you.
One of the students at orientation said, “I can really see and feel that the staff care about my educational needs.”
If you are interested in scheduling a tour of the campus or to learn more about a degree at Globe University in Minneapolis, please call us at 1.877.303.6060.
Follow Globe University – Minneapolis on Facebook and Twitter!