The LDRSHIP Award offers up to $2,500 in cash grants to active duty, reservist, honorably discharged or retired U.S. military veterans attending participating Imagine America or Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities (APSCU) institutions. Funds for the LDRSHIP Award are provided by the contributors to the Imagine America Foundation’s 21st Century Workforce Fund and Ambassador College Bookstores.
For students to be eligible they must meet the LDRSHIP criteria listed below:
- Students must be recommended by their college
- Student must be an active duty, reservist, honorably discharged or retired U.S. military veteran
- Student must have completed at least one term in his/her course of study
- Student’s graduation date must be after December 31, 2012
- Student must have a college cumulative 3.5 or higher GPA
- Student must currently have a 95 percent or higher attendance record
- A recommendation from a faculty/administrator representative of his/her career college
- A copy of the student’s current college transcript
- Student must include a copy of his/her DD214/DD215 (if applicable)
- Students can apply at http://www.imagine-america.org/ldrship.
All applications must be received by April 9, 2012.
Before applicants begin the application you will need to write two essays: one on your school experience and one on your military experience. You will need to upload a copy of your DD214 (if applicable). Finally, you will need to list a college representative at your school who will recommend them. For this you will need the representative’s name, title, email address and phone number. Representatives can work in the Admission, Education or Financial Aid Departments.