Each quarter, Globe University, Minnesota School of Business and Broadview University Online award two students from each campus $2,000 in tuition assistance. This means the Community Service Scholarship could be awarded to up to six different students!
How do you apply? It’s easy! First, check that you have met the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a diploma, associate, or bachelor’s degree program.
- Be a continuing student by having completed at least one term at Globe University, Minnesota School of Business or Broadview University.
- Not be in arrears with financial aid or have an outstanding student account balance.
- Maintain GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Meet and maintain 90% attendance ratio of required contact hours.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits per quarter.
- Provide,as a scholarship application, a minimum of one-half page written summary of community service activity performed within the prior 3 months.
- Agree to let Globe University, Minnesota School of Business, or Broadview University promote the student’s community service involvement.
Next, get out in the community! Volunteer at a local shelter or organization where you can make an impact. Last quarter’s scholarship recipient was Kelli Shiner. As a an army wife and mother of five living in Alaska, she found the time to volunteer at the Fischer House which helps military families whose family members have been hospitalized.
The last step is to contact Serena Franken directly at email@example.com to get the application! Once you’ve done that, simply return the application back to Serena before the end of Week 8 (May 24, 2013). We will announce winners during Week 9 and the recipients will have the scholarship packaged into their student account for the upcoming Early Fall quarter.
What are you waiting for? This is an opportunity that can help with the costs of your education, and you may even find opportunities to network and build yourself as a professional through the volunteer process! For a complete list of scholarships offered by Globe University, Minnesota School of Business and Broadview University click HERE.