How have you helped your community? Tell us how you have and you could be eligible to receive a $2,000 scholarship! Minnesota School of Business and Globe University want to reward you for your commitment to community service.
Minnesota School of Business and Globe University offer a Community Service Scholarship once a quarter to four students who have shown participation in their community, while maintaining enrollment in school.
If you are interested, you do need to meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a diploma, associate or bachelor’s degree program
- Be a continuing student by having completed at least one quarter at MSB/Globe University
- Not be in arrears with financial aid of have an outstanding balance
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Meet and maintain a 90 percent attendance ratio of required contact hours
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits to be eligible for the quarter
- Provide, as a scholarship application, a minimum of a one-half page written summary of the community service activity you performed within the past three months
- Agree to let MSB/Globe University promote your community service involvement
If you are chosen for the scholarship, you win $2,000!
Are you interested in applying this quarter? Send your application to Cassie Jensen at email@example.com. Your application needs to be received by the end of Week 8 (Friday, February 27, 2015). The winners of the scholarship will be announced Week 10 of the quarter and have it applied to their financial aid package for the upcoming Spring Quarter.
If you have not previously done community service, get a start on it and you can apply next quarter for the Community Service Scholarship. While doing your community service it gives you an opportunity to network and meet new people, it also just feels good to give back to your community!
There are also many other scholarship opportunities available, make sure to check them out to help fund your education!