Collaborations with our Business Partners on Internships, Applied Learning and Service Learning Opportunities for IT students
We are partnering with a few companies on internships and applied learning opportunities for our IT students.
- Currently, “A Couple of Gurus” in Minneapolis is open on receiving our IT students for internships and would also like to collaborate with our instructors and students on shorter term projects! They were voted Best Tech Place in 2010 and a Top 100 MN Business in 2012. Their focus is on regular IT services to small to mid-size businesses in the Twin Cities.
Their team was impressed with our IT Program course offerings and would like to work closely with us in a number of areas. We have a few partnership opportunities with the company including the following:
- IT internships through our IT299 course
- Applied learning projects
- Possible employment
The company is currently seeking students who like to keep busy and switch gears easily. Soft skills are important. Some of the internship opportunities with them may be paid! Working on an internship would allow you to get valuable work experience, potentially earn money, get a great résumé bullet, and possibly get a letter of recommendation from your supervisor!
2. Schaffhausen, Inc., a manufacturing organization in Lakeville, MN also reached out to us to help with rebuilding their website. One student could sign up for an internship as a web designer or students could work on this as part of the WD260 course with the best solution winning the web designer internship and potentially recommendation letters from the owner (www.wind-o-lock.com).
3. Another one of our contacts for IT is CaringBridge (www.caringbridge.org ). They are open to collaborating with us on a number of service learning initiatives and internships. They are now specifically looking for an intern or a class/group of students to work on an applied learning /service learning project as part of their class to build a small iPhone app or an interactive, mobile-optimized site.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, please send your résumé to your IT program chair or IT Instructor for review and to Ioana Constantin – Dean of Information Technology (email@example.com). Your Career Service representatives would be a great resource for reviewing your resume, before sending to the company. You can reach your Career Services representative by calling 1-877-609-8889.
To learn more about the IT programs at Globe University, click here.