Here’s a great post from Macy Stoneback, Senior Paralegal at AlphaTech Counsel, S.C., Madison, Wisconsin. This is something you might want to hang in your office so you can see it every day.
1. I promise to do my job to the best of my ability, and if I do not know how to do what I am asked to do, I will apply what I know and ask questions when needed.
2. I acknowledge that some assignments will be tedious and others will be interesting.
3. I will be a chameleon, adapting to all personalities and work styles.
4. I will triple-check my work, because my boss and our client are busy and relying on me to deliver accurate work.
5. I will master the details and increasingly strive to understand how they fit into the big picture.
6. I will look for the most efficient ways to perform my work and be a cooperative agent of change.
7. I will be the person who has everything under control, in terms of organized documents, anticipated deadlines, planned processes, and a calm demeanor.
8. I will fearlessly embrace new technology, in fact, introduce it and be the super-user.
9. I will raise questions, share ideas, and expose errors in a diplomatic way, and will accept constructive criticism with grace.
10. I am curious and will seize opportunities to learn and grow.