Globe University is no longer enrolling students in the Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science program.
The objective of the Bachelor of Science in exercise science degree program is to provide students with industry knowledge and skills required for entry-level positions in the health, fitness and wellness industry.
Students will be prepared for employment as managers, personal trainers and consultants, working in public, private and government settings including health clubs, commercial fitness centers, corporate fitness/wellness centers, university wellness/adult fitness centers, municipal/city recreation/family centers and work site health-promotion organizations.
The curriculum combines scientific studies with material from leading industry experts. Elective seminars provide students with opportunities to earn nationally-recognized certifications.
General education requirements in the areas of communication, social science, natural science and humanities provide analytical and communication skills as well as a global perspective of diverse cultures.
In the exercise science program, you can gain knowledge in the areas of:
- Kinesiology (the study of human movement)
- Exercise Physiology
- Muscle Activation Techniques
The Exercise Science degree program also includes the Muscle Activation Techniques™ (MAT) Specialist certification training as an elective option, preparing students to become certified.
As part of the MAT Specialist Program, you will:
- Develop the skills to assess and treat isolated muscle weakness throughout the body
- Participate in hands-on learning experiences
- Assess and improve the function of inhibited muscles
Graduates are better prepared for leadership roles in their career as a result of gaining business skills, such as:
- Small business management
- Social media
- Applied ethics
- Professional communications
As a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science degree student, you can expect:
- Access to tutors
- Knowledgeable financial aid staff
- Resume writing, job interviewing and other career assistance
- The flexibility of online, day and evening classes
- Hands-on experience through class projects