Online Master’s Degree in Health Fitness Management
Maximize your career potential with this unique program that combines graduate level business management skills with hands on Muscle Activation Techniques™ (MAT) certification training. Globe University’s Master of Science in Health Fitness Management degree program prepares health and wellness professionals for leadership roles and business ownership in this growing industry.
The Master of Science in Health Fitness Management Degree program is the only program in the U.S. with advanced training in Muscle Activation Techniques™ (MAT). MAT is a skill set that bridges the gap between fitness and rehabilitation. MAT work is used by various NFL athletes.
In this health fitness management program you will learn the business skills to effectively manage a corporate or entrepreneurial business, plus the ability to prepare bodies for optimal motion—from pro athletes and exercise enthusiasts to rehab patients. Become a specialist in the muscular system and learn to:
- Assess muscle contractile capabilities
- Accelerate injury recovery
- Activate and restore muscle efficiency
- Monitor force tolerance levels in order to appropriately prescribe exercise
The MAT classes within the HFM program will cover all components of Muscle Activation Techniques™, including muscle function, origin and insertion points, and palpation methods. You will also go through an in depth analysis of gait, function, muscular integration and orthotic therapy. Through this coursework students will obtain a complete understanding on how to evaluate compensation patterns that lead to tight muscles as well as pain and injury.
Contact us today—1-877-303-6060 or send us a request for more information.
Health fitness management program highlights
The Master of Science in Health Fitness Management (MS-HFM) degree program offers online education in business management and blended online and on-site lab workshops on advanced fitness techniques.
- Online business management courses, begin every six weeks. No need to wait to begin your program! Topics include fiscal resources, marketing, managerial communications and ethics.
- Weekend labs offered at various locations prepare you for Muscle Activation Techniques™ (MAT) certification. Learn to evaluate range of motion, identify potential biomechanical imbalances, and the importance of muscle function as it relates to overall health, stability and mobility.
- Year-round courses mean you can earn the master’s degree in health fitness management (a 2-year program) in 18 months.*
- Learn more...
Globe University/Minnesota School of Business is the only institution in the U.S. to incorporate MAT™ certification preparation in a degree program. If you already have this certification, you may qualify for credit toward your degree. (Please ask for more information about applying for this credit.**)
Need more information?
To learn more about earning a health fitness management master’s degree, give us a call, 1-877-303-6060 or, send us a request for more information.
Student Outcomes Disclosure
*Availability of labs may affect overall program length.
**Contact the Dean of Graduate Programs about the process of applying for credit.