Massage Therapy Certification and Licensure
Massage therapists who earn certification or licensure in their field may enjoy more job opportunities than those without. In fact, many states require formal training and licensure to legally practice massage therapy.* Graduates of Globe University’s massage therapy programs are eligible to take the following exams, giving them an edge as they search for employment:
- The National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage (NCETM) certification exam
- National Certification Examination for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCETMB) certification exam
- The Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx), administered by the Federation of States Massage Therapy Board (FSMTB)
Membership in professional organizations
Globe University massage students are also eligible to join professional associations in the field. As members of these organizations, students can keep up-to-date on industry trends and access a broad network of professional support:
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- Association of Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP)
You may qualify for scholarships to cover exam fees
Globe University offers qualified students certification scholarships that help defray the cost of massage therapy certification or licensure fees. Students in both the associate and diploma programs may be eligible for this scholarship.
Learn more about Massage Therapy Certification
Find out how you can use the healing power of touch to build a fulfilling career. Call us at 1-877-303-6060 or request additional information.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition