Music Industry Jobs & Career Opportunities
Our music business programs open up a wide range of job opportunities for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and solid business training. There is no typical career path but here are just a few examples:
- Work for yourself as an independent artist manager or booking agent.
- Manage artist appearances for a radio or TV station.
- As an agent, promoter or publicist, make sure your artists get the exposure they need to succeed.
- As a business manager, see that the checks go out (and come in), that contracts protect all parties and that all of the pieces come together.
- Manage audio operations for any organization.
- Identify and sign on talent as a music buyer or director.
How to get a music industry job
This is a competitive field. You need to be ready to create opportunities for yourself. When you get an interview, go in with a solid portfolio, ready to demonstrate your enthusiasm and your knowledge. A music business degree is a good start, it is almost necessary to have some hands-on industry experience and relationships carry a lot of weight.
Music industry jobs & career-focused college programs
There are only few degree programs that specifically target the entertainment and music industry jobs. Globe University offers both two-year and four-year options:
- Associate in Applied Science in Music Business. This 2-year degree program provides hands-on practice in practical skills—analyzing contracts and copyrights, audio production, comparing forms of music licensing, artist promotion—under the guidance of seasoned music industry pros.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management: Music Business. An elective emphasis in the 4-year business management program, this program provides a strong base of general business coursework followed by topics that apply specifically to the music industry.
Our school also provides life-long job-search assistance, not just in the music industry. It is our goal to help you achieve your dreams. Interested? Call us toll-free at 1-877-303-6060 or contact college admissions for more information.