Within the world of engineering technology, there are a number of career paths you can consider.
From engineering technology to drafting and design, the field offers several opportunities for those with the right training and experience.
Engineering Technology Job Descriptions
- Mechanical drafters develop design drawings and specifications for tools, mechanical equipment, dies and controls, using computer-aided drafting (CAD) equipment.
- CADD operators use computer programs to create designs for a production goods and final products.
- Manufacturing engineers work on the design and operation of production systems.
- Mechanical engineering technicians assist mechanical engineers in the design, testing, development and manufacture of mechanical devices: tools, engines and machines, for example.
- Mechanical designers create designs for mechanical devices and machines.
Job Outlook for Engineering Technology
Preparing for a Career in Engineering Technology
At Globe University, we offer two engineering technology programs:
If you would like more information about careers in engineering technology or drafting and design, or about our college, please contact us through this site or call 1-877-303-6060.