The health care sector is an ever-changing industry that is in need of qualified professionals to join the many types of health care organizations within the United States. Medical administrative assistant program graduates have the opportunity to earn a diploma or degree that prepares them with the most up-to-date knowledge related to the industry.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics*, a medical administrative assistant’s duties can include:
- Transcribing dictation
- Preparing reports or articles for physicians or medical scientists
- Completing medical histories of patients
- Arranging for patients to be hospitalized
- Processing insurance payments
In addition, medical administrative assistants may hold positions, such as:
- Health unit coordinator
- Medical records administrator
- Medical billing specialist
- Medical office manager
- Patient relations representative
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook at http://www.bls.gov/oco/.
To inquire about our medical administrative assistant program, contact Globe University admissions at 1-877-303-6060 or request information.