International FAQs

Globe University answers frequently asked questions (FAQs) from international students.

How do I apply for admission?
You can contact a member of our international admissions department via email: or call 1-877-455-3697. Read about the international admissions process.

What are the requirements for admission to graduate programs?

What is the deadline for admission?
There are no admission deadlines—apply at any time. Our graduate programs admit students every six weeks and undergraduate programs admit students every quarter.

How much does it cost to attend classes at Globe University?
As of July 1, 2010, international student tuition is $570 per graduate hour of credit per quarter and $535 per undergraduate hour credit of credit per quarter. Our master’s degree programs require 54 credits, and undergraduate programs vary.

Where will I live while attending Globe University?
There are different housing options available in and around the campus, within a ten-minute walk. Our International Student Life Coordinator will be happy to help you explore those and other options.

Will I be the only student from my country studying at Globe University?
Globe University has students from countries around the world, including India, China, South Korea, Ghana, Uganda and Kenya.

Will I be picked up at the airport and assisted with accommodations when I arrive in the United States?
Yes. Provide your travel information to the student life coordinator one week before your travel and we will be happy to meet you and help you get settled in your housing.

What is CPT employment and will I be eligible?
CPT is curricular practical training (program-related employment ) performed while you are a student. If you are registered in a graduate program at Globe University, you may be eligible to work under Curricular Practical Training (CPT) for 20 hours a week (part-time) or 40 hours a week (full-time).

What is OPT employment and will I be eligible? 
Optional Practical Training (OPT) is employment after graduation. You will not be eligible to apply for OPT if you worked for more than12 months full-time under CPT. A student planning on OPT should meet the international admission officer three months before graduation to apply.

Is an F1-visa student eligible to take online classes?
Under current F-1 visa rules, an F1-visa student may take a limited number of credits online per quarter. F-1 students may discuss this option with the dean of students.

Apart from F1 Visa, what other visa statuses are available for students?
H-1B, L-1 and H-4 visa holders are also eligible to take classes. Please consult with International Student Services for more information.

How can I learn about the latest news and events at campus?
You can learn about activities that are taking place on campus by regularly following the Minneapolis campus blog and Facebook page.

Where will I be taking classes?
The most convenient place for international students to take classes is at our Minneapolis campus, as many of them live and work near downtown.

Does the university accept credits completed at other universities?
Up to 50% of a graduate program and 75% of an undergraduate program may be satisfied through transfer of course-equivalent credits, subject to approval by the education department. Please contact us for more information about transfer of credits.

Is Globe University accredited?
Globe University is nationally accredited by Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.

More information
Please call 612-455-3000 and ask for Alex Thomas or Meera Wiest in International Admissions, or send an email to