Military Student FAQ

Issues facing a military student are complex. The following are frequently asked questions and answers regarding military student benefits and policies at Globe University.

If you do not find the information you need below, contact our military student services staff  toll-free at 1-866-342-3505 or email

How long has Globe University been around, and is Globe accredited? 

Globe University was established in 1885 and is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award master’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees, diplomas and certificates. The ACICS  is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.

Does Globe University have a military discount? What military benefits am I eligible to receive from Globe?

Globe University offers a variety of benefits to military personnel and their dependents. For a listing of those benefits, please visit our veterans’ resources page.

How do I get started?

VA GI Bill® application:

Everyone who applies for the GI Bill® must do so online at VONAPP. Apply by completing the application process. Remember to print this out and bring it with you to your financial aid appointment to help expedite your funding.

  • Visit VONAPP and click on “Apply for Benefits.”
  • Once you receive your Certificate of Eligibility (COE), bring this in for verification of your GI Bill® benefits.
  • Provide a copy of your GI Bill® application for benefits or change of school request.

If you have questions about eligibility contact the GI Bill® hotline at 1-888-442-4551 or visit

Can I receive college credit for my military training?

Globe University awards credit for military training and education. Upon enrollment, your Joint Service Transcript can be evaluated for transfer of credit.

I am eligible for the GI Bill®/VA Benefits. How can I start receiving these benefits?

To begin utilizing these benefits, you must first complete certain VA paperwork before enrolling in classes. Please click on the applicable benefit listed below and follow the guide provided:

How much can I expect to receive for my GI Bill®?

The GI Bill® issues monthly payments based on your enrollment and course load or “training time.” Please review the VA training times and the VA monthly pay rates based on chapter of benefit and course load.

Why haven’t I received my GI Bill® funds? How long will it take for my funds to arrive?

In order to receive your monthly GI Bill® benefits, you must verify your enrollment on the WAVE website on the first of each month. Once your enrollment has been properly verified, payment will be issued to your account within 2-4 business days.

The VA asks for a VA Form 22-1999. What is this form and how is it submitted?

VA Form 22-1999 is an electronic enrollment certification that is submitted by our financial aid office. This certification reports your hours and term of enrollment to the VA through our certification portal, VA-Once. After you have submitted your initial VA paperwork to our military student services office, your subsequent enrollments will automatically be reported to us. Our VA certifying officials will then report your enrollment to the VA through this electronic form. You will then be notified by a confirmation email containing further instructions on how to proceed.

Who is eligible to receive Globe University discounted military rates and scholarships?

All Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard, honorably discharged vets, spouses and dependent family members qualify for the discounted military rate (pending verification of discharge status or orders).

How much is the application fee?

The $50 application fee has been waived for students in all programs, with the exception of nursing, until October 4, 2015.

If I am deployed, can I withdraw from my class without any negative consequences to my academic record?

You may withdraw from Globe University’s online courses by simply providing us with a copy of your travel orders. If you are deployed at a moment’s notice, we will need a POC within your unit to verify your deployment status.

How many credits can I expect to receive within a given year?

Globe University offers four quarters per year and each quarter is 11 weeks in length. Academic schedules are flexible enough to allow the service member to take a full load (12-20 credits) or a single course (1-4 credits) per term. Most students take 15 credits per quarter.

Do I need any special software to access an online class?

No special requirements are needed other than an updated PC, Microsoft Office and access to the Internet via dial-up or DSL. (Please refer to systems requirements for further details.)

How often do I have to attend class if I am completing a program online?

Academic requirements require you to access your online classroom a minimum of three times per week (Monday through Sunday). A portion of each student’s grade is based on the student’s contributions to class discussions. Assignments and exams are also required.

Do I have to be in an online class at a particular time?

No, our online program is asynchronous, meaning that students have 24/7 access to class. However, the instructor does have the option of holding a “live” chat room when students or the instructor feels the need to cover additional material or answer further questions.

Explanation of GI Bill® forms

-VA Form 22-1990: Application for VA education benefits

This is for first-time users, if you have never applied for GI Bill® benefits, use this form.

-VA Form 22-1995: Request for a change of program/place of training

This is if you have ever used any portion of your GI Bill® and/or you are changing your college or program of study.

-VA Form 22-5490: Application for Survivors’ and dependents’ education assistance

This form is for any student who is using VA education benefits chapter 35 due to service connected disability or death of their parent/spouse for the first time.

-VA Form 22-5495: Request for a change of program/place of training for survivors’ and dependents’ education assistance

This form is used if you have ever used any portion of your Chapter 35 benefit and you are changing your college or program of study.

Other questions about attending Globe University as a military student 

We are committed to helping vets, active duty service-members and military family members succeed in reaching their educational, personal and career goals. For help anytime, call our military student services department toll-free at 1-866-342-3505 or email