At Globe University it is our goal to help you overcome every hurdle you may encounter in the course of your college experience.
The following veterans’ resources provide valuable information. However, our military student services staff member is always ready to answer questions or help you with benefits or academic issues. Call toll-free at 1-866-342-3505 or contact email@example.com.
U.S. military students—active-duty, reserve and honorably discharged sailors, soldiers, marines, airmen, coast guardsmen, National Guardsmen and military spouses and dependents may be eligible for our military scholarships.
Transcripts for Military Personnel
Your military transcript will be requested the same day of enrollment by our military student services staff for credit of transfer review.
- Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support (DANTES) tests
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests
The State of Minnesota has policies in place to support the special circumstances veterans may face as they pursue higher education. It is important to know your rights. In many cases, it is necessary to identify yourself as a veteran in order for staff to know that these policies apply. Contact the military student services department or your campus financial aid office with any questions.
Minnesota Statute 197.775
Military Transfer Credit
Credit must be granted for military training based on American Council on Education equivalency standards.
- Undergraduate: All veterans pay in-state tuition rates, regardless of residency status.
- Graduate: Veterans who entered active duty as a Minnesota resident AND start attending college within two years of completing military service pay in-state tuition rates.
Delayed Payment of Tuition
- “A state college or university may not assess late fees or other late charges for veterans who are eligible to receive federal educational assistance and who have applied for that assistance but not yet received it…”
- Payment in full can be requested by the university within 30 days of receipt of federal educational assistance.
- Contact the campus hub regarding payment issues.
Globe University Policy
Globe University students who are called to active duty and as a result are unable to complete a quarter shall to the extent possible be provided one of the following options:*
- Full tuition refund (students would be liable for any financial aid refunds).
- Extension allowing for a temporary grade of incomplete. Student can then complete the course upon discharge from active duty by independent study or by retaking the course without charge.
- Credit for course completion if, in the instructor’s judgment, a sufficient amount of course work is completed.
*Note – You should notify your advisor of any prolonged absence. The three options listed above are at the discretion of the instructor, department and college, and will be determined on an individual basis. This is not automatic.
Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Military Student Bill of Rights:
If you would like help selecting a college program, applying for military college benefits or with any other matter related to starting a college program at Globe University or its affiliate school, Minnesota School of Business, please contact our admissions office.